fredag 15. februar 2008

FX Storm .22





Received this one today, it was a trade for som car stereo equipment I had stored away.


It was scoped with a Tasco 6-24x42 and fitted with an silencer, I know I know, fully legal here though:)


The gun has 8 shot mag and room in the stock for 2 spare mags, there is also a pressure gauge and 3 power levels available.


Also a FX pump in the package as well as some pellets, crappy ones though so guess they'll end up as 9mm bullets for my Career.


First things first, after unpacking I oiled it down and pulled through a few times, scope was mounted a tad skew but have to try the new toy first and I ran out of patience:)


Shot a few mags just getting the feel of it and I must say the cocking is REALLY different and takes some getting used to, on instinct I want to pull the rifle tight to my shoulder but with this gun that will only result in putting another pellet in the barrel.


However it only took a couple mags before I was aquinted with it and really found it a pleasure to cock, it's almost too easy and FX says a mag can be fired in about 3 seconds, I do not doubt that.


The feel of the gun is also solid and a pleasure to hold with a light weight at 2.7kg or 5.9lbs, almost too light for my taste but for those hunting it'd be perfect.


I've not done a proper shot string yet but I pushed a 21gr Barracuda through the chrony after shooting a serie and it was doing just over 30ft.lbs or around 42J, factory says it gets 30 shots per fill on full power.


So power is respectable but what about accuracy?


After a quick sight in I shot 5 shots at 50 yards with the result you see above, definitly acceptable:)



2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

not that bad to trade in for a car stereo wiht FX pump in the package as well as some pellets and 9mm bullets.
AirSoft Gun

Unknown sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.